FMC-10GE provides two 10 Gb Ethernet ports on a standard FMC module. Two standard RJ45 connectors support connection to standard CAT6e networks providing high speed connectivity to PCs, servers embedded computers such as Innovative's ePC products or custom, intelligent IO. Aggregated burst rates of up to 20 Gbps are achievable.
Two 10 Gb Ethernet Ports
- Two independent 10GBASE-T interfaces with SR-IOV support
- 10 GbE/1 GbE/100 Mb/s copper PHYs integrated on-chip
- PCIe 2.1 (2.5GT/s or 5GT/s), Bus width — x1, x2, x4, x8
- Support for jumbo frames of up to 15.5 KB
- Flow control support: send/receive pause frames and receive FIFO thresholds
- TCP segmentation offload: up to 256 KB
- IPv6 support for IP/TCP and IP/UDP receive checksum offload
- Fragmented UDP checksum offload for packet reassembly
- Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
- Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI-X)
- Interrupt throttling control to limit maximum interrupt rate and improve CPU usage
- 128 transmit queues
- Receive packet split header
- Receive header replication
- Dynamic interrupt moderation
- DCA support
- TCP timer interrupts
- No snoop
- Relaxed ordering
(Note: module NIC requires enumeration and control[/fusion_li_item]
via PCIe root master)
- Remote embedded communications
- Wide area DAQ meshes
- Download Datasheet PDF
The two 10GE ports are fully independent on the module. Monitoring and control signals are mapped to the FMC interface for detection, lossof-signal, rate and device control.
The FMC-10GE is not VITA 57 compliant. The FMC-10GE is compatible with the Innovative ePC-K7 FMC site 1 only. Use on any other carrier will require mechanical, thermal and electrical
Mechanical: The height of the module exceeds the FMC specification to accomodate the Intel X540 network controller (NIC) and RJ45 ethernet connectors. The FMC connector used on the module is .378″ rather than .245″ in height.
Thermal: The module dissipates up to 13.5 W necessitating use of a heat spreader capable to conduct heat to the host carrier or chassis.
Electrical: Eight high-speed serial lanes on the FMC connector connect to the X540 NIC, which requires PCIe protocol and signal levels. The X540 must be enumerated and controlled as a slave PCIe device.
The FMC-10GE works with legacy Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switches and Cat 6A cabling. Install into an ePC-K7 and the auto-negotiation between 1 GbE and 10 GbE provides a smooth transition and easy migration to 10 GbE. When time and budget allows, 10GBASE-T switches can be added to your network to experience the full benefits of 10 GbE.
Software libraries and examples for C host development are provided. Application examples demonstrating the module features are provided for Innovative Integration platforms in for Windows and Linux.