The FMC-9371 is a highly integrated, wideband RF transceiver offering dual channel transmitters and receivers, integrated synthesizers, and digital signal processing functions. The module operates from 300 MHz to 6000 MHz, covering most of the licensed and unlicensed cellular bands. Receiver bandwidths up to 100 MHz are supported as are observation receiver and transmit synthesis bandwidths up to 250 MHz, to accommodate digital correction algorithms. The transceiver consists of wideband direct conversion signal paths with state-of-the-art noise figure and linearity. Each complete receiver and transmitter subsystem includes DC offset correction, quadrature error correction (QEC), and programmable digital filters, preserving resources in the host FPGA carrier.
Two RF Transceivers, Observation Path and PLL and Timing Controls
- Two Receiver Inputs, Two Transmitter Outputs
- Dual, 300-6000 MSPS
- AC coupled
- Sample clocks and timing and controls
- External clock/reference input
- Programmable PLL
- 100 MHz, 0.5 ppm reference
- Integrated with FMC triggers
- FMC module, VITA 57.1
- High Pin Count no SERDES required
- Compatible with 2.5V VADJ
- Power monitor and controls
- 5W Typical Power Consumption
- Conduction Cooling per VITA 20 subset
- Environmental ratings for -40 to 85C 9g RMS sine, 0.1g2/Hz random vibration
- Wireless Receiver and Transmitter
- LTE, WiMAX Physical Layer
- Medical Imaging
- High Speed Data Recording and Playback
An observation receiver channel with two inputs is included to monitor each transmitter output and implement interference mitigation and calibration applications. This channel also connects to three sniffer receiver inputs that can monitor radio activity in different bands.
The FMC-9371 power consumption is 5 W for typical operation. The module may be conduction cooled using VITA20 standard and a heat spreading plate. Ruggedization levels for wide-temperature operation from -40 to 85C operation and 0.1 g2/Hz vibration. Conformal coating is available.
Support logic in VHDL is provided for integration with FPGA carrier cards. Specific support for Innovative carrier cards includes integration with Framework Logic tools that support VHDL.
Software tools for Innovative carrier cards include host development C libraries and drivers for Windows and Linux, 32/64-bit including RTOS variants. Application examples demonstrating the module features are provided.
* Sampling rates in an application depend on carrier and system design